Ripperton was born in the 70's, one of the most exciting times in music, which would explain his passion for soul music, his 12 inch vinyl collection which knows no bounds and his nickname, (think of one of the best female soul singers of that time).
Growing up as a teenager to the rhythms of Tony Humphries, Djaimin and Kid Bachelor, working in the well-known Lausanne record shop, Tracks, and generally drowning in all that was vinyl, Raphael started DJing in the early 90s.
Soon after, thanks to MPC3000 and good analogue synths, he began producing. His first releases came under the names of Soul Merge and Reasons, the latter won the Diesel U Music awards in 2003 and then led to the setting up of his first label, Lovearth Records.
He gained outstanding popularity with his project Lazy Fat People that was signed to labels like Border Community, Wagon Repair and Carl Craig's Planet E, as well as new successes as a solo artist known as Ripperton.
Aka Ripperton, he's enjoyed working in the studio with fellow Swiss producers, such as Sthlm Audio and Plak Records.
He's also released tracks on Dessous, Systematic, Rekids, Liebe Detail, Connaisseur and many more top labels, and delivered remixes for Laurent Garnier, Beanfield, Steve Lawler and the exceptional Radiohead.
Very popular with artists such as Steve Bug, James Holden, Joris Voorn in their compilations over the last few years.
In 2006 he started the well-known underground label, Perspectiv Records, which brought out some fresh talent from Switzerland and around the world and nurtured some interesting interactions with amazing producer like Tobias, DJ Koze and Isolée, all highly respected by Raphael.
His long-awaited LP is due out in early 2010. Called "Niwa", this modern piece of music mixes different kinds of sounds from varied horizons and will be released on the Dutch 'Green' label owned by friends Joris Voorn & Edwin Oosterwal.
Touring around the world the last decade, Ripperton spins the melodic and lush end of House, Minimal & Techno.
Definitively one of the most creative Swiss DJs of today, Ripperton is a perfect electronic music chameleon.
01. Agnès - Franches montagnes - Drumpoet Community
02. Dexter - Great Northern Diver (No Bass Edit) - Clone Basement Series
03. Matthew Styles - Sample & Hold EP - Running Back
04. David k feat opium - somewhere in my head (Deetron remix) - Rue de Plaisance
05. Skudge - Realtime (October & Appleblim's Bristol Version) - Skudge Records
06. Cco - Structuraldrift - Plak Records
07. Erdbeerschnitzel - Same Same - 3rd Strike Records
08. Conforce - Lonely Run - Delsin
09. Redshape - son of a - Present
10. John Beltran - Brilliant Flood (Kassem Mosse & Mix Mup remix) - Delsin